Storyteller and digital broadcaster at Business Radio Talkers.fm and Health Professional Radio
CEO, Vertical Internet Radio Internet Media Limited (Hong Kong)
Commentator ABC Radio 612 (19 years) weekly technology segment
Enterprise Architect, Reform , Services Information Agency–Department of Health Queensland
Strategic ICT Advisor to the CIO (E-Health) – Queensland Health
E-Business Strategist, Queensland Department of Transport
Lecturer, Subject Area Coordinator, IT and Digital Economy, MBA. Brisbane Graduate School of Business. Queensland University of Technology
Significant Project Summary
● Business Analyst, Project Manager and Architect /Strategist on E-Health (Queensland Health)
● Strategist – e-business Queensland Transport
● Vertical Internet Media Storyteller / Journalist / presenter
● Commentator -ABC Radio 612 (19 years) weekly technology segment
● Columnist -Queensland Business Review
● Author and presenter – Multiple Publications
● Keynote Speaker – Multiple National Conferences
● Presenter Channel 9 Extra – Technology segments
● Author – “An Introduction to the Internet for Business” with Lloyd Ernst and multiple other papers and articles.
Recent Employment History
2014 – present – CEO & Founder Vertical Internet Media Limited (Hong Kong) Health Professional Radio Outsourced to Philippines – 30 channels 24×7 internet broadcaster 180,000 audience.
2013 – 2014 – Principal Enterprise Architect – Functional Lead, Strategic Sourcing, Health Services Information Agency– Department of Health Queensland – Reporting to the Executive Director, Planning, Engagement and Performance Directorate, Health Services Information Agency, Department of Health, Queensland, I manage the team responsible for the design and implementation of the strategic sourcing function within HSIA.
2012 – 2013 – Principal Enterprise Architect – Advisor to the Health Services Information Agency Reform & Contestability Program Manager – Department of Health Queensland -Reporting to the Executive Director, Planning, Engagement and Performance Directorate, Health Services Information Agency, Department of Health, Queensland, I provided advice on the execution of the ICT reform program which has carriage of the implementation of the Deloitte Review of Health Services Information Agency. This work has included development of the proposed target operating model, the Outsourcing and ICT as a service strategy, the strategic procurement strategy and the business case and ITO development for the procurement of telephony and desktop services.
2008 – 2012 Principal Enterprise Architect – ICT Planning and Enterprise Architecture Analyst, Office of the CIO, Dept of Health, Queensland -Reporting to the CIO, through the Executive Director, Information Division, I assisted the CIO in providing strategic advice to Information Division clients including the Director General, Minister for health and Queensland Cabinet.
2007 – 2008 E-business Strategist, Dept of Transport QueenslandReporting to the CIO, through the Director, Strategy and Architecture Office, I was responsible for the creation of the e-business strategy for the Dept of Transport Queensland. This involved undertaking the research to develop an appropriate model, ascertaining business requirements, and socializing drafts with senior officers of the department to ensure subsequent adoption as a policy.
● Bond University E-commerce Expert Group – 1999 2003
● Queensland Auditor General, Information Steering Committee, External Member, Consultant 1999 –2012
● Member of American Medical Informatics Association (AIMA) 2008
● Member of Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA & COBIT) 2008
● Member of Health Informatics Society of Australia Ltd (HISA) 2008
● Graduate Management Qualification,(Cert) Bond University 1996
● State Registered Nurse (Retired), Queensland, 1974